Savoury Pesto crêpes
Enjoy a delicious and healthy 30-minute meal with our Pesto Savoury Crêpes. Made with fresh spinach, ripe avocados, juicy chicken breasts, crispy iceberg lettuce, and smoky pine nuts and, of course, delicious Filippo Berio Organic Classic Pesto. Perfectly crispy and lightly fried in Filippo Berio Mild & Light Spray Oil, these are a savoury treat for the taste buds. Serves two per person for a satisfying meal.
- Filippo Berio Mild & Light Spray
- 160g plain flour
- 160ml milk
- 2 large eggs
- 40ml water
- 20g of fresh spinach leaves
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 large chicken breasts, ready cooked
- 1 iceberg lettuce
- 1 jar of Filippo Berio Organic Classic Pesto
- 75g pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- Salt & pepper
- Shred the spinach leaves into fine strips.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, milk, water, eggs and a pinch of salt and pepper. Once mixed, add in the shredded spinach and mix lightly.
- Warm a crepe pan over a medium heat and spray in some Filippo Berio Mild & Light Spray Oil.
- Using a 60ml measuring cup, pour in the batter and swirl around the pan (using a spatula if needed) into a round.
- Fry for about 2 minutes until the edges start to dry and curl, then flip over and fry for another two minutes. Remove and keep warm on a plate.
- Continue making crepes until you have used all the batter. Set the crepes aside and keep warm.
- Put the crepe pan back on the heat and spray again with the Filippo Berio Mild & Light Spray Oil.
- Place in the pine nuts and fry, tossing them occasionally until just brown.
- Drain the pine nuts on a kitchen towel and sprinkle over the smoked paprika.
- De-stone and peel the avocados, and then thinly slice them. Shred the lettuce and slice up the chicken breasts.
- To assemble the crepes:
- Spread half a crepe with a generous teaspoon of Filippo Berio Organic Classic Pesto
- On top of the pesto, place some of the chicken breast, a little of the lettuce and a few slices of avocado
- Scatter over some of the pine nuts and fold the crepe over to form a half moon
- Repeat with all the crepes, serving two crepes per person
- Additionally, these crepes can be covered in shredded cheese and grilled