Sautéed Potatoes with Mustard Seeds
Sautéed potatoes make a wonderfully versatile side dish for countless recipes. This quick and easy recipe involves the classic and simple sautéed potato with the added tang of brown mustard seeds for something different. Great served with seared steak and a rocket salad!
Categories: Sides & Salads
- 600g large new potatoes
- 4 tbsp Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 small cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 tsp brown mustard seeds
- Flaked salt
- Boil the potatoes for 10-12 minutes until just tender.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of the Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil in a small frying pan and cook the onion over a moderate heat until softened and golden.
- Increase the heat slightly and add the garlic and mustard seeds, cook for 1-2 minutes whilst stirring, the mustard seeds will pop during cooking. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Drain the potatoes and slice thickly. Heat the rest of the oil in a very large frying pan. Add the potato slices in a single layer. If the pan is not large enough cook in two batches and keep the first batch hot in the oven.
- Fry the potato slices over a moderately hot temperature for 5-7 minutes turning them until crisp and golden on each side. Lift the sautéed potatoes into a warm bowl lined with kitchen paper to drain them. Remove the paper, add the onion mixture and toss together. Crush some flaked salt over and serve.