Salmon with Pesto
Salmon is such a delicious way of getting lots of Omega 3 into your diet. A stunning oily fish that goes well with a lot, especially Filippo Berio Sun-dried Tomato Pesto. This recipe is quick and easy to do and perfect for a slap-dash, Summer evening meal.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 4 175g salmon fillets
- 4 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 tbsp Filippo Berio Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- 8 tbsp breadcrumbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Rub each of the fish fillets with 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a good squeeze of lemon juice, season with salt and pepper and place on a baking tray.
- Combine the Filippo Berio Sun-dried Tomato Pesto with 4 tbsp of breadcrumbs to form a thick paste and spread evenly over each of the fish fillets.
- Mix the Parmesan cheese with the remaining breadcrumbs, scatter over the Filippo Berio Sun-dried Tomato Pesto and lightly drizzle with the remaining Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Cook on the middle shelf of a pre-heated oven 230°C/450°F/Gas Mark 7 for 10 minutes or until the topping is golden and crisp.
- Serve with seasonal vegetables.