Salmon and Herbed Mascarpone
These delightful Bruschetta are perfect for picnics or as a starter to any meal! They taste divine and only take 15 minutes to make!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 250g mascarpone
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Finely grated zest ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped dill
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped chives
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp chopped capers
- 6-8 slices smoked salmon
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the Bruchetta:
- Sliced ciabatta or sour dough bread, 2.5 cm thick
- Garlic cloves, peeled
- Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for drizzling
- For the Bruschetta: Toast the bread, on both sides, preferably in a griddle pan or under a preheated grill, you can even pop them on a BBQ.
- Rub the garlic into the hot bread. Drizzle with Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil and serve with the following topping.
- For the Topping: Place the mascarpone, lemon juice and zest, herbs, garlic and capers in a bowl and stir to mix.
- Spread on the bruschetta and top with the salmon and black pepper.