Rosemary & Sea Salt Crostini’s topped with Parma Ham, Gorgonzola & Red Onion Marmalade
Crunchy, creative, crowd-pleasing Christmas canapés are the ideal way to get the party started!
A store cupboard festive staple, perfect for unexpected guests like Father Christmas or for producing a show stopping starter in minutes.
To make them even more perfect, bring out your inner-Italian with this range of recipes for delicious mini bites that go perfectly with your favourite Christmas cocktail or a crisp cold glass of Prosecco.
- 100g Filippo Berio Rosemary & Sea Salt Crostini’s
- 5 slices of Parma ham, ripped into approx. 20mm x 50mm strips
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 1-2 crushed garlic cloves
- 25ml Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Filippo Berio Balsamic vinegar
- 30g demerara sugar
- 100g mild gorgonzola dolce
- Bunch of thyme
- Bunch of chives
- Sea salt & black cracked pepper
- In a thick bottomed pan, warm on a medium heat, add the olive oil, sliced red onions and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the demerara sugar, garlic, thyme and the balsamic vinegar, bring to the boil then leave simmering for approx. 30–60 minutes on a low heat.
- Stir frequently ensuring that the sugar doesn’t burn. Once the onions are soft, remove and place in a jar to cool for a couple of hours or overnight.
- In a bowl, add the gorgonzola and soften with a spoon and prepare the strips of Parma ham.
- Prepare the canapes by laying the crostini's onto a flat tray, spoon a small layer of the gorgonzola cheese onto the crostini and top with a loose, rolled piece of Parma ham and a small spoon of red onion marmalade, then garnish with a piece of chive.