Roasted Vegetable Pasta Salad
An easy recipe for a quick lunch or dinner that can be adapted to the season! This uses lovely sweet vegetables like peppers and butternut squash which are aptly paired with peppery rocket, strong wholegrain mustard and tart red wine vinegar. The golden double-act of honey and Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil makes this simple pasta dish absolutely irresistible.
- 1 bulb fennel, peeled cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, sliced into chunks
- 450g butternut squash, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 8 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 225g fusilli bucati or other pasta shapes
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 40g wild rocket leaves
- 1 tsp clear honey (remove to make vegan)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Place all the vegetables and garlic in a large roasting tin with half the Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until tender and slightly charred.
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water for 10 minutes or according to packet instructions. Drain and rinse in cold water. Drain again.
- Remove the garlic from the vegetables and place on a board, slit the skin and remove the soft flesh from inside. Use the blade of a knife to work the garlic into a smooth paste. Place the garlic paste in a small bowl, add the remaining oil, vinegar, mustard and honey then whisk together with a fork until smooth. Season to taste.
- Mix the pasta, warm vegetables and dressing together with the rocket and toss well before serving.
Cooks tipsSuitable for vegetarians.