Roasted red pesto & butternut squash dip
Preparation time: 10
Cooking time: 40
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded & diced
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Sundried Tomato Pesto
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Classic Olive Oil
- 4-6 garlic cloves, peeled (depending on preference)
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1 tbsp dried chilli flakes
- Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Turn your oven on to 170 ºC / 190 ºC conventional
- Use 1 tablespoon of the olive oil to coat the bottom of your roasting dish
- Prepare the squash by halving, removing all the seeds and chopping each half lengthways into four so you have eight wedges in total
- Place the squash on the oiled roasting dish and coat with the pesto
- Crush the peeled garlic cloves slightly and scatter over the squash, together with a pinch of salt, paprika and chilli flakes and finally drizzle over the rest of the classic olive oil
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the squash is soft and yields all the way through when you press it with a fork
- Place the roasted squash, all the spices, the roasted garlic and all the oil left in the bottom of the roasting dish into your blender or food processor
- Add 70ml of water and process until smooth. Depending on how large the butternut squash is, you may need to add more water at this stage.
- Leave to cool and then serve in a bowl, drizzling the top with Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil and scattering over a few toasted pine nuts if desired.
- Serve with crostini, vegetable batons or your favourite crackers!