Sides & Salads
Roasted Pumpkin with Apple, Sage and Chilli
A quick and easy recipe for fiery pumpkin wedges with apple, sage and chilli. A delicious side dish or starter to impress your friends and family with at dinner parties in the Autumn and Winter months. Pumpkin can also be easily substituted for Butternut Squash depending on the season you want to cook the recipe. This recipe was created in collaboration with blogger EpiVegan. Check out Brett's website by clicking the logo below.
Serves: 4 as a side dish
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 1 pumpkin (or butternut squash)
- 4 tbsp Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil
- 25g fresh sage
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1 red chilli
- 2 apples, sliced thinly
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed, peeled and quartered
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Finely chop the sage and chilli. Combine in a small dish with coarse salt and black pepper.
- Cut the pumpkin into two halves and remove the seeds.
- Cut into wedge shapes and place into a mixing bowl.
- Coat with olive oil.
- Sprinkle over the dry mix and sage leaves and coat.
- Add to a deep baking tray making sure the pumpkin wedges aren't overlapping.
- Add the garlic cloves.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Add the apple and shake the tray to loosen the mixture. Remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove and serve with a fresh salad or as a side dish.