Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
This easy roasted butternut squash recipe is perfect for a cold winters night! It is utterly delicious, warming and filling.
- 1 medium butternut squash approx. 750g, peeled
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 medium red chilli, seeded and chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 350g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1.2 litre vegetable stock
- Small bunch coriander, trim off stalks
- 6 tbsp Fillipo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ÂºC/400ÂºF/Gas Mark 6.
- Cut the butternut squash in half, discard the seeds and then chop into large chunks. Place on a roasting tray and drizzle with 1 tbsp of the Filippo Berio Olive Oil. Cook in the oven for 30 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tbsp Olive Oil in a large pan, add the onion and carrot and cook gently for 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, chilli and ginger and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the potatoes and stock and bring to simmer. Cover the pan and cook for 15 minutes.
- Put the coriander leaves into a food processor or blender, add the Olive Oil and blend until finely chopped and scoop out into a bowl.
- Add the roasted squash to the pan and simmer gently for 10 minutes. Cool slightly before pureeing the soup in batches, season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve the soup in warm bowls then drizzle the coriander oil over each serving.
Cooks tipsSuitable for vegetarians.