Roast Potatoes with Garlic and Rosemary
Rosemary & Garlic Potatoes - Served at our Founder's Birthday Celebration. Recipe Courtesy of Giancarlo & Katie Caldesi.
Categories: Sides & Salads
- 1kg of potatoes such as Desiree or King Edwards, washed and cut into 3cm cubes, skins left on
- 6 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsps salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 garlic cloves, skins left on but crushed lightly
- Four sprigs of fresh rosemary, left whole but crushed lightly
- Put the cut potatoes in a large bowl of water and leave for half an hour to take out some of the starch. Dry on a clean tea towel.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/350˚F/Gas 4.
- Put the potatoes into a large roasting dish.
- Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper, mix well and add crushed garlic and rosemary.
- Put into the hot oven to roast for 20-30 minutes until browned all over. Half way through the cooking time, baste the potatoes being careful not to crush them too much.
- Remove herbs before serving.