Risotto with Truffle and Wild Mushrooms
This quick and simple risotto recipe certainly packs in the flavour. The intense blend of truffle and wild mushrooms is a match made in heaven and gives this risotto a hearty and autumnal twist.
- 115g butter
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 200g arborio rice
- 125ml white wine
- 1 ½ ltr chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 heaped tsp Filippo Berio Truffle Pesto
- 150g wild mushrooms
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- 50g Parmesan cheese, grated
- Melt half the butter in a large frying pan. Add the onion and cook on a low heat for about 5 minutes until it is transparent.
- Stir in the rice and coat in the butter, you can turn up the heat a bit now.
- Add the wine and cook continually stirring until the wine is absorbed.
- Add a ladleful of stock, cook until it has disappeared and then add another until you have used all the stock, stirring often. This may take up to 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile fry the mushrooms separately in a small pan and keep warm.
- Season the rice and add the Filippo Berio Truffle Pesto, lemon juice, parmesan and finally the rest of the butter.
- Serve immediately with the wild mushrooms on top.