For the tomato ragù
- 4 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 400g can Cirio Plum Tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
For the ricotta dumplings
- 400g fresh breadcrumbs
- 4 tbsp Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 4 tbsp Pecorino Romano cheese, freshly grated
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 350g ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 small bunch of basil, roughly torn
- Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil to serve
- To make the tomato sauce, heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the garlic and cook over a medium heat for 2 minutes, or until the garlic is golden. Add the plum tomatoes and season with salt and black pepper.
- Leave to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the ricotta dumplings, combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, except for the basil and olive oil. With wet hands, take a little of the mixture and roll to the size of a walnut. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Add the dumplings to the tomato sauce in a single layer. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes until they have doubled in size. Stir in the basil and serve with a drizzle of Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Serve immediately.