Breads, Pizza & Panini
Pancetta & Anchovy Croutons
Add a crunch to your salad with these deliciously rich croutons! A great way to make use of any leftover bread in a matter of minutes.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 slices (approximately 100g) of stale sourdough bread
- 4 tbsp of Filippo Berio Rustico Olive Oil
- 2 slices of pancetta (or streaky bacon)
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 1 shallot
- Fresh parsley
- Cut the sourdough bread into cubes.
- Dice the shallot finely.
- Dice the pancetta and the anchovy fillets.
- Add the Filippo Berio Rustico Olive Oil to a frying pan and place on a medium-low heat.
- Gently fry the pancetta, shallot and anchovies for about five minutes until the anchovies start to melt into the olive oil.
- Turn up the heat and add the cubed bread to the pan.
- Fry until lightly brown and crispy.
- Transfer to a bowl using a slotted spoon and sprinkle over the fresh parsley.