Rich Chocolate Muffins
These rich and indulgent chocolate muffins can be enjoyed as an afternoon snack or after-dinner treat.
- 250g plain flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 150g caster sugar
- 175ml milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 100ml Filippo Berio Mild & Light Olive Oil
- 75g plain chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/375˚F/Gas Mark 5.
- Line a 12-hole, deep muffin tray with paper muffin cases.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa and baking powder; stir in the sugar. Once combined, add the remaining ingredients and mix together lightly.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared cases. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden and springy to the touch.
- Cool for 10 minutes; transfer to a wire rack and leave until cold.