Red Snapper on Potato Cakes with Salsa Verde
This flavoursome fish dish is packed full of flavour and can be enjoyed all year round. Whether you're looking to impress at a dinner party or are in need of some mid-week inspiration, this delicious meal will never disappoint.
- 4 red snappers, cut into fillets
- 1 shallot, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 10g each fresh basil, chervil, chive and oregano leaves
- 180ml Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ red and yellow peppers, deseeded and finely diced
- 700g potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 50g sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 400ml Filippo Berio Mild & Light Olive Oil
- 200g carrots, cut into matchstick strips
- 200g courgettes, cut into matchstick strips
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- First, make the Salsa Verde: blend the shallot, garlic and herbs, 6 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil and the vinegar in a food processor until smooth. Stir in the diced peppers and set aside.
- To make the potato cakes, preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Cook the potatoes in boiling, salted water for 10-15 minutes, then mash. Sautee the red onion in 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil for 3 minutes, then stir into the mashed potato with the tomatoes. Shape into 4 10cm-wide cakes, then fry in 4 tbsp of Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil for 4-5 minutes, turning once. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Half fill a pan with the Filippo Berio Mild & Light Olive Oil and heat to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Coat the carrot and courgette sticks with corn flour, then deep fry them in batches for 2-3 minutes. Drain on kitchen paper and keep warm. Fry the red snapper fillets in the remaining olive oil for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- To serve, arrange the potatoes cakes in the centre of 4 plates, heap the fish and vegetables on top and drizzle the Salsa Verde dressing around each.