Sides & Salads
Potato, Green Bean, Cavolo Nero and Olive Salad
This is one of the 4 recipes created by Paola Maggiulli (known as The Tiny Italian), aimed to show you how to use Filippo Berio Pestos to make simple and delicious salad dressings. Simply mix the Filippo Berio Pesto of your choice with our Extra Virgin Olive Oil for a quick and easy dressing that is perfect in a whole host of recipes.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Hot Chilli Pesto
- Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- 1kg new potatoes
- 200g fine green beans, cut into matchsticks
- 200g cavolo nero, leaves removed from the stalks
- 100g black olives
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- Mix the pesto and 50ml of olive oil together to make the hot chilli pesto salad dressing. Set aside.
- Cook the new potatoes in boiling salted water for 25-30 minutes. Set aside. Wait for them to cool down. Peel the skin carefully and cut into medium size chunks.
- Cook the cavolo nero and green beans in salted boiling water for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Mix the potatoes, cavolo nero and greens beans in a large bowl. Add the black olives and pine nuts. Dress with the hot chilli pesto salad dressing.