Portuguese Orange Olive Oil Bundt Cake
Taste the Mediterranean with this beautifully simple Portuguese Orange & Olive Oil bundt cake. It makes the perfect afternoon tea treat and uses our Filippo Berio Mild & Light in Colour Olive Oil which is ideal for baking. The reef-like appearance of the bundt makes it a wonderful table centrepiece!
- 4-5 large navel oranges (zest of 3, juice of 4)
- 445g plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 3/4 tsp salt
- 5 large eggs
- 350ml Filippo Berio Mild & Light in Colour Olive Oil
- 600g granulated sugar
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180°C/ 170°C Fan/356°F.
- Mix together your dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add the Filippo Berio Mild & Light Olive Oil to the dry ingredients using an electric whisk.
- Fold in the eggs and orange zest and juice and whisk again until the batter is smooth and all ingredients well incorporated.
- Grease your bundt cake tin with butter or baking spray. Fill the greased tin with the batter and position on a tray in the centre of the pre-heated oven.
- Bake for approximately 35-40 minutes. Towards the end of the baking time test to see if the cake is cooked by piercing it with a clean skewer. When ready the cake should appear golden brown on the outside.The
- Allow the cake to cool on a cooling rack and serve with a dusting of icing sugar.
Cooks tipsDried, spiced orange slices make a beautiful winter garnish!