Porcini Mushroom Sauce
The deep, earthy flavour of this simple porcini mushroom sauce lends itself beautifully to thick pasta shapes such as pappardelle or paccheri. The large ribbons allow good sauce coverage to ensure a burst of rich flavour in every mouthful.
Categories: Marinades & Dressings
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil
- 2 banana shallots, diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 60g dried porcini
- 3 sprigs of thyme, and a bay leaf
- 200ml white wine
- 400ml chicken stock
- Soak the porcini in boiling water for 20-30 minutes. Heat the Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil in a pan, add the shallots and season, cook for 3-4 minutes on a high heat. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute, lower the heat and sweat until the shallots are soft.
- Add the soaked porcini (keeping the water), thyme sprigs, bay leaf and stir well. Add the wine and bring to the boil for 2 minutes. Add the chicken stock and 3 tbsp of the saved mushroom water, raise the heat and simmer until reduced by half.
Cooks tipsThis sauce can be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to a week. Allow sauce to cool first.