Serves: One 12-inch Round Pizza Crust
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 300ml warm water
- 1 pack (7g) active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 385-450g all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Grease large bowl with olive oil; set aside.
- In glass measuring cup, mix water with yeast to dissolve; pour into separate large bowl. Stir in olive oil and 1 cup flour; mix until smooth. Add 128g flour and salt; mix until smooth. Add 128g flour; stir until the mixture clumps together.
- Place remaining flour on work surface, pushing most of it to one side. Using dough scraper, lift dough onto the surface; sprinkle lightly with flour. Using scraper, fold the dough several times to get rid of surface stickiness. Using hands, knead for 5 to 6 minutes or until dough is resilient. (Use additional flour only to prevent surface sticking; some flour may remain).
- Place in greased bowl; coat lightly with oil. Cover with plastic wrap; let rise for about 45 minutes or until doubled in size. Punch down dough. Shape into ball; transfer to work surface. Let rest for 5 minutes.
To prepare in a food processor:
In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a plastic or metal blade, process ingredients according to recipe directions, pulsing between additions.
To freeze unbaked pizza crust: Roll or pat out dough according to recipe directions. Place on pizza pan dusted with cornmeal. Cover tightly with plastic wrap, then wrap in foil. Freeze for up to 1 month. To bake, remove from the freezer (no need to thaw). Remove wrappings. Add toppings; bake according to recipe directions.