Pesto Cauliflower Fried Rice
Pesto Cauliflower Fried Rice is a low carb, healthier alternative to the classic fried rice dish! Cauliflower is a perfect substitute for rice, soaking up all the flavour of the meal, whilst still managing to keep carbs low. Suitable for vegetarians and anyone trying the Keto diet!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 60ml Filippo Berio Mild & Light Olive Oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 55g diced carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 jar (6.7 oz/190 g) Filippo Berio Grilled Vegetable Pesto
- 150g frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a food processor, pulse the cauliflower, in batches if needed, until finely chopped into rice-sized pieces.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet and set over medium-high heat; cook onion, carrots and garlic, stirring often, for 6 to 8 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in cauliflower rice, salt and pepper; cook, stirring often, for 2 to 3 minutes or until cauliflower is slightly softened.
- Stir in the pesto, peas and tamari; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until cauliflower rice is tender but not mushy. Sprinkle with green onions.
• For a keto version, substitute lower-carb veggies, such as asparagus, cabbage or kale, for peas and carrots.
• For easy preparation, used store-bought prepared cauliflower rice.
• Add tofu scrambled eggs to fried rice if desired