These tasty pesto breadsticks make fabulously moreish appetisers using our Filippo Berio Classic Pesto, served with dips or a selection of antipasti. Alternatively, why not make mini breadsticks for an elegant dinner party canapé?
- 500g ciabatta bread mix
- 350ml water
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp Filippo Berio Classic Pesto or Filippo Berio Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
- 3 tbsp fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- Empty the bread mix into a bowl and add the water. Mix to a soft dough. Tip onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes until the dough is springy.
- Put into a lightly oiled bowl, cover with cling film and leave for 5 minutes. Tip the dough back onto the surface and roll out to a large rectangle. Spread over either of the pesto leaving 2cm border. Sprinkle over the Parmesan cheese.
- Fold the dough in half along the long side. Press together and seal with a rolling pin. Cut into 2cm slices. Place the slices 2cm apart on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Twisting each pastry strip as you lay onto the baking sheet.
- Brush the pastry with olive oil and cover lightly with cling film or a clean cloth. Bake the bread sticks for 20 to 30 minutes until golden. Remove and serve with drinks or as an accompaniment.
Cooks tipsBy simply mixing any of our pesto range with Extra Virgin Olive Oil or mayonnaise you can make a delicious dressing in moments and with just a few extra little ingredients the possibilities are endless.