Peperonata can be served cold as part of an anti-pasti or hot as an accompaniment to spicy sausages or grilled meats. For a quick supper, fold into some spaghetti with fresh basil, some Parmesan cheese and a drizzle of Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Categories: Sides & Salads
- 4 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 2 red onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 red peppers, core removed and thinly sliced
- 2 yellow peppers, core removed and thinly sliced
- 400g can Cirio Tomato Fillets
MethodHeat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onions, garlic and bay leaves and cook gently for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the peppers to the pan and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the tomatoes and cook uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Cooks tipsSuitable for vegetarians.