Parmesan Roasted Parsnips with Polenta and Chilli
This delicious condiment can be enjoyed as a starter, side dish or snack.
Categories: Sides & Salads
- 600g parsnips
- 30g freshly grated Parmesan
- 30g polenta
- Half tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- A generous pinch of ground nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Drizzle of Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil on parsnips before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Peel the parsnips then halve them lengthways. You may need to quarter them if they are large.
- Place the parsnips into a pan of boiling salted water and parboil them for about 5 minutes, or until just tender.
- Mix together the oil, polenta, Parmesan, chilli flakes, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Drain the cooked parsnips and and immediately coat them in the Parmesan mixture.
- Drizzle some oil on the parsnips then put them into the preheated oven and cook for approximately 30 minutes, or until golden brown, turning once during the cooking time.
Cooks tipsSuitable for vegetarians.