Pappardelle with Fried Basil
For simple cooking at its best, this fresh and delicious pappardelle recipe will not disappoint. It is quick to make and can be enjoyed all year round.
- 450g pappardelle pasta
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 40g fresh basil leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 tbsp baby capers, drained
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Parmesan cheese shavings
- Cook the pappardelle according to packet instructions, or until 'al dente'.
- Drain well and keep hot.
- Pour the oil into a frying pan. Add the basil, garlic and capers and fry until the garlic is golden and the basil is crispy.
- Add the lemon juice and toss the mixture through the cooked pasta.
- Garnish with Parmesan shavings and serve immediately.
Cooks tipsSuitable for vegetarians.
To make the Parmesan cheese shavings use a vegetable peeler or a thin-slicing cheese slice.