Pancetta, Courgette & Lemon Tagliatelle
This classic Italian tagliatelle dish perfectly balances the saltiness of the pancetta, the sweetness of the courgettes and the tanginess of the lemons to deliver a delightfully tasty experience, whilst taking almost no time at all to make!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 375g dried tagliatelle
- 2 courgettes, ends trimmed
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 75g cubed pancetta
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Finely grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- 25g freshly grated Parmesan
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta in a saucepan of salted boiling water according to packet instructions until al dente. Drain well and return to the pan to keep warm.
- Meanwhile using a vegetable peeler, peel down the length of the courgettes to create ribbons, work your way around the courgette as you effectively ‘peel’ it towards the centre.
- Toss the ribbons in 1 tbsp of the Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil and season.
- Heat a griddle pan over a high heat and when hot, griddle the courgettes in batches for 30 seconds each side until you have nice griddle marks. Remove to a plate.
- Place the remaining Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large frying pan and add the pancetta and garlic and cook over a medium heat until the pancetta starts to crisp.
- Add the pasta to the pan, with the courgettes, lemon zest and juice and season well. Toss gently together adding the Parmesan.
- Serve immediately, drizzled with Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil and freshly ground black pepper.