- 100g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 200ml milk
- Filippo Berio Mild & Light Olive Oil for frying
- Lemon juice and caster sugar to serve
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl, add the eggs and beat well with a balloon whisk until smooth.
- Gradually add the milk, whisking all the time until a smooth batter is formed. Leave to stand for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan; add 2-3 tbsp of the batter to the pan, tilting it so that it coats the base of the pan evenly and thinly.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until the base is golden. Flip or turn over the pancake and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Make a further 7 pancakes in the same way. Serve with lemon juice and caster sugar.