Pan Fried Pork with Tuscan Beans
This flavour-packed pan fried pork recipe makes an impressive main course for a dinner party.
- 5 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 4 pork loin steaks, approx 150g each
- 3 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, drained
- 150ml dry white wine
- 300ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 4 or 5 sage leaves, chopped
- Small handful flat leaf parsley, chopped (optional)
- Heat 2 tbsp of the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium/high heat, then add the pork loin steaks and cook for about 12 minutes until deep golden brown on both sides. Prop the loin steaks on the side of the pan so the edges brown during the next step.
- Add another tbsp olive oil to the pan and then the shallots, red pepper and garlic. Cook over a medium heat for about 5 minutes until softened. Pour in the wine and bring to the boil.
- Add the cannellini beans, stock and sage. Place the pork chops amongst the beans, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Remove the lid and simmer for a further 15 minutes, or until the stock has become syrupy and the chops are tender.
- Remove the lid, add the remaining olive oil and chopped herbs (if using).
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste and serve.