This traditional ratatouille recipe can be enjoyed hot or cold and can be served alongside meat or fish.
Categories: Sides & Salads
- 450g cherry or baby plum tomatoes
- 2 medium courgettes, trimmed and cut into thick strips lengthways
- Small aubergine, trimmed and cut into rough chunks
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 1-2 heads fresh garlic, cut in half through the middle
- 1 red or white medium onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 12 large basil leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Arrange all the prepared vegetables into a large roasting dish.
- Drizzle over the olive oil and sprinkle over the basil leaves. Season well.
- Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until the vegetables are just roasted and tinged golden brown at the edges.
- Serve hot or cold.
Cooks tipsUse as an accompanying vegetarian dish to roasts, salads etc.
Replace some of the vegetables with seasonal ones of your choice.