Oven Baked Cod with Pesto Crust
Perk up any piece of fish or meat with a fabulously simple pesto crust. This is a quick and easy recipe but incredibly tasty at the same time.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
- Zest of one lemon
- 75g fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 4 white fish fillets such as cod or haddock (about 150g-250g each)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC (fan assisted)/400ºF/Gas Mark 6.
- In a bowl, mix together the Filippo Berio Sun Dried Tomato Pesto, lemon zest, breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Place the fish onto a large baking tray and top with the pesto and breadcrumb mixture
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until the fish is cooked. The fish should be opaque and the crust golden
- Serve with steamed green beans coated with a tsp of Filippo Berio Classic Pesto.