Orecchiette and Miso Pesto Bake
This dish uses orecchiette pasta, typical of Apulia in Southern Italy. The name comes from its shape resembling a smaller ear! The vegan pesto can be made up to 48 hours in advance and stored in the fridge. Any pasta shape can be used - cooked in advance and allowed to cool - just add some Filippo Berio Olive Oil when cooked and drained to prevent it from sticking together.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 75g baby spinach, roughly chopped
- small bunch of mint and parsely, leaves roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 tbsp white miso paste
- 5 tbsp Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil
- 300g orecchiette, cooked and drained
- 150g peas
- 100g ciabatta breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the spinach, herbs, garlic, pine nuts, miso and 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil in a blender and blitz to a chunky pesto.
- Stir the miso pesto, pasta and peas together and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Mix the remaining Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil with the Breadcrumbs and sprinkle over the pasta. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until the top is golden and crisp.