Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio 100% Italian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 butternut squash, halved and seeded
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp finely grated orange zest
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper flakes
- 125g goats cheese (omit to make vegetarian)
- 30g pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp snipped fresh chives
- 1 tsp ground sumac
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut each squash half into 1/2-inch thick slices to resemble half-moons. In large bowl, whisk together oil, honey, thyme, orange zest, orange juice, garlic, shallot, salt, pepper and hot pepper flakes; add squash and toss gently to coat. Arrange in single layer on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake, turning halfway through, for 40 to 45 minutes or until tender and golden brown. Transfer to serving platter, overlapping slices slightly. Top with goat cheese, pomegranate seeds, chives and sumac. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Top open a pomegranate and release the seeds, cut the top and bottom off to create two flat ends. Score around the center and tear open into two halves. Hold each half over a bowl, seed side down, and firmly tap the skin with a wooden spoon while squeezing lightly to release the seeds.