Orange and Lemon Cupcakes
Enjoy these light and zesty lemon and orange cupcakes with a cup of tea or coffee as the perfect afternoon snack.
- 120ml Filippo Berio Mild and Light Olive Oil
- 175g self-raising flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- Grated zest and 4 tbsp juice from 1 medium orange
- Grated zest ½ lemon
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas Mark 4. Put muffin or cupcake cases into a 12-hole muffin tin.
- Measure all the ingredients into a large bowl and beat until blended. Spoon evenly into the paper cases.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until risen and golden brown. Transfer the cupcakes onto a wire rack to cool.
- For the buttercream, beat together all of the ingredients to make a creamy, thick icing. Either spread over the cupcakes or transfer the buttercream to a piping back fitted with a nozzle. Pipe on top of the cakes.
- Decorate with fine strips of lemon zest.