Orange and Almond Tray Bake
Oranges and almonds are a popular Mediterranean pairing, and for good reason. The citrusy tang of oranges combined with the rich, moistness of almonds is wonderful and perfectly complemented by a drizzle of Filippo Berio Mild & Light Olive Oil. The candied oranges provide the finishing touch and a beautiful presentation.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 200ml Filippo Berio Mild & Light Olive Oil
- 75g self raising flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 200g caster sugar
- 150g ground almonds
- zest of 2 oranges
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 25g flaked almonds
- 16 half slices candied oranges
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 17cm by 26cm tin.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, sugar, ground almonds and orange zest.
- Make a well in the centre and add the Filippo Berio Mild & Light Olive Oil and eggs. Mix well until smooth and no lumps remain.
- Pour into the linked and top with the almonds and candied orange pieces.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely in the tin.
- Once cool, cut into 8 to serve. Store in an airtight tin.