Olive Oil Roasted Tomatoes with Asparagus
The perfect condiment to any meat or fish dish. This can be paired particularly well with white fish.
Categories: Sides & Salads
- 8 firm, ripe tomatoes, halved
- 4 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 1-2 tbsp fresh basil, finely shredded
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 225g fresh baby asparagus
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of sugar, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Put the tomatoes in a roasting pan and drizzle over the olive oil. Sprinkle over the basil and season well.
- Cook for about 30 minutes or until just soft.
- Meanwhile, blanch the asparagus for 1-2 minutes then refresh in cold water and drain well.
- Mix the dressing in a screw top jar and shake well. Arrange the tomatoes and asparagus onto 4 serving plates and pour over the dressing.
Cooks tipsJust before serving, sprinkle over a few rashers of chopped, grilled bacon.