Olive Oil Martini
Shaken not stirred. This Olive Oil Martini is a fantastic recipe for a twist on a sophisticated classic and is aptly garnished with olive. Start by making your own Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Herb gin by simply infusing your favourite gin or whatever you've got at home. This can then be used for a lovely, aromatic Olive Oil Martini or even try it for a slightly different G&T afterwards!
For the Martini
- 70ml Olive Oil & Herb infused gin (see below)
- 40ml blanc vermouth
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- Pitted green olives for garnish
- 2 tsp olive brine
DIY Olive Oil & Herb Gin
- 120 ml Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 750 ml bottle London Dry Gin
- 1 large sprig fresh thyme
- 1 large sprig fresh rosemary
- Thread your green pitted olives onto two cocktail sticks and set aside to garnish later.
- Fill a cocktail shaker, jug or mixing glass with a generous amount of ice. Pour over the Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil infused gin (hold back the foliage), vermouth and splash of olive brine.
- Stir or shake well until you are certain the liquid is ice cold and ready to serve.
- Pour into pre-chilled martini glasses and garnish with sprigs of fresh rosemary and olives. Sip and enjoy!