Olive Oil and Lemon Verbena Sorbet
This delicious olive oil sorbet is the ultimate refreshing summer pudding. Made with zingy lemon, fragrant lemon verbena and a little kick of vodka, serve this in a glass for an elegant dinner party dessert.
This recipe was created in collaboration with Great British Chefs. Check out their website by clicking the logo below.
- 480ml water
- 480g sugar
- 2 tbsp vodka
- 240ml Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 120ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 10g fresh lemon verbena leaves
- 2 egg whites, lightly whipped
- Fresh raspberries
- Fresh lemon slices
- Put the sugar, vodka, lemon juice, lemon zest and lemon verbena into a blender and blitz, then slowly pour in the olive oil to create an emulsion.
- Remove the sorbet mixture from the blender and immediately churn in an ice cream machine.
- Once the sorbet is three quarters of the way through the churning process, remove the mixture from the machine and place into a freezable container.
- Mix through the 2 lightly whipped egg whites and keep in the freezer until ready to serve.
- If you don't have an ice cream machine, place the sorbet in the freezer for 1 hour or until almost set, then blitz again in the blender. Return to the freezer until frozen.
- To serve, scoop into glasses or bowls and decorate with lemon slices and raspberries.