No bake energy bars
Here is a recipe from Nutritional Therapist, Linda Vezzoli, lecturer at the College of Naturopathic Medicine, to make it easy to incorporate 20ml of raw olive oil into your daily routine. These non-bake energy bars are made using Filippo Berio Mild & Light Olive Oil. Great for breakfast on the go or packed lunches! These bars will keep in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
- 50 porridge oats
- 50 g almonds
- 4 tbsp mixed seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, linseed)
- 200 g soft pitted dates
- 100 g raisins
- 2 tbsp honey
- 80 ml Filippo Berio Mild & Light Olive Oil
- 50 g dried cranberries
- Line the base a 28 cm x 18 cm baking tin with baking paper.
- Place the oats, almonds and seeds in a dry frying pan over a medium heat and lightly toast.
- Allow to cool, then place in a food processor and pulse until the nuts are roughly chopped. Tip into a bowl.
- Add the dates and raisins to the processor with the honey and blend until smooth then add the oil and pulse to combine.
- Add to the bowl, with the cranberries and stir to mix well.
- Spoon into the tin and press to flatten with the back of a spoon. Chill for 1 hr or until firm, turn out onto a chopping board, remove the baking paper and cut into 16 bars.