Moroccan Chilli Marinade
Did you know marinating food not only makes it taste good, it allows it to grill better. As apart from enhancing the flavour, it also helps protect food against high grill temperatures. Normally the longer the better, but a simple tip to cut marinating time is to place food in a sealed plastic bag, massage in marinade and place in fridge. This cuts marinating time by half.
Categories: Marinades & Dressings
- 8 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground corriander
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 small onioin, finely choppped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh corriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Serve with chicken, lamb or vegetables.