Mediterranean Tuna with Tomato and Olive Sauce
This light and healthy tuna steak recipe uses simple ingredients to create a flavoursome and delicious dish. Enjoy as a mid-week meal, or as a main at a dinner party!
- 4 tuna steaks
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 12 black olives, pitted
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 8 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 large vine-ripened tomatoes, skinned
- Place the tuna steaks into a shallow dish, mix the olive oil and lemon juice together with a little seasoning, pour over the steaks and leave to marinate for 15 minutes whilst making the sauce.
- Put all the ingredients for the sauce into a blender or food processor and blend together, transfer to a pan and heat gently.
- Place the tuna on a pre-heated barbecue, hot enough to sear the fish for 3 minutes until the fish begins to mark. Use a large fish slice to turn the steak and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until well-marked (this will depend on the thickness of the steaks).
- Serve with warm tomato and olive sauce.