Mediterranean Roasted Vegetables
This roasted vegetables recipe is the perfect side dish to any meat or fish meal.
Categories: Sides & Salads
- 3 red, yellow or orange peppers, de-seeded and cut into strips
- 1 large aubergine, trimmed and cut into chunks
- 1 large courgette, trimmed and thickly sliced
- 4 small red onions, cut into quarters
- 1 fennel bulb, cut into thick wedges
- 225g baby new potatoes
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 squash, cut into thick slices, seeds removed
- 2 garlic bulbs
- 200g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
- 120ml Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- Heat the oven to 225Â°C/425Â°F/Gas Mark 7. Place all the vegetables, except for the tomatoes in a large roasting tin. Trim the top 1cm from the garlic and add to the vegetables. Add the Olive Oil and season with salt and pepper, and toss together.
- Place in the oven and roast for 34-40 minutes, or until the vegetables are charred and beginning to soften, turn the vegetables over during cooking. Add tomatoes 10 minutes before the end of cooking.
Cooks tipsUse a selection of seasonal vegetables, adding more of your favourites if any of the suggested ones in this recipe are not available. Any left over vegetables can be added cold to a mixed salad or served as a starter with a few rocket leaves, some crumbled goats cheese and a drizzle of dressing.
Add fresh herbs to the vegetable before roasting, such as rosemary or sprigs of thyme.