Mediterranean Pancetta-wrapped Salmon
This mouthwatering fish bake recipe is incredibly versatile and would work just as well with any firm, white fish such as cod or haddock.
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio olive oil
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 fennel, tough outer skin removed and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 red onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 x 400g CIRIO cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp dry oregano
- 4 salmon fillets approx 120g each
- 8 slices pancetta
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (fan assisted)/ 375ºF/Gas Mark 4.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the fennel, garlic and red onions. Cook for 5 minutes over a medium heat.
- Add the tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, sugar and oregano and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a large baking tray. Wrap each salmon fillet with the pancetta and place on top of the tomato and fennel mixture.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes until the salmon is cooked. Drizzle over extra virgin olive oil and serve with chopped dill.