Linguine with Lemon and Basil
This quick and easy to make linguine recipe is light and tasty and makes for the perfect mid-week meal.
- 450g linguine
- Finely grated zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 150ml Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 150g freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- A handful of fresh basil leaves
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water for 10 minutes, or according to packet instructions.
- Whilst the pasta is cooking, warm a bowl using some of the water from the pasta pan and dry. Pour in the lemon zest and juice, extra virgin olive oil and grated parmesan cheese. Whisk until combined and then season with plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
- Drain the pasta and then return to the pan. Add the sauce and basil leaves and toss well until the pasta is coated in sauce. Serve with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese, if desired.