Lamb with Roasted Vegetables
What's better than Lamb Racks, roasted vegetables and red wine for Sunday lunch?
Preparation time: 40 min
Cooking time: 15 min
- 500g new potatoes
- 6 baby orange peppers, halved and deseeded
- 8 shallots, peeled and halved
- 3 bulbs baby fennel, trimmed and quartered
- 6 baby courgettes, halved
- 300g butternut squash, seeded and sliced
- 6-8 garlic cloves
- 8 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Handful basil leaves
- 25g pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 racks of lamb, French trimmed
- Flat leaf parsley to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/Gas Mark 6.
- Place all the vegetables in a large roasting tin. Drizzle over 4 tbsp of Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil and toss to coat the vegetables. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the basil, pine nuts and 2 garlic cloves in a food processor with the remaining Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil and blend on the pulse setting until a coarse paste is formed. Press this mix onto the skin of the lamb racks.
- Remove the roasting tin from the oven and stir the vegetables.
- Lay the lamb racks on top of the vegetables and roast for a further 20-25 minutes or until the lamb is still pink in the middle. Remove the lamb and allow to rest for 5 minutes before carving into cutlets. Serve with the vegetables.