Kathy’s Rosemary, Olive Oil and Orange Polenta Cake
A quick and easy store cupboard bake, it is moist and dense and would be perfect served with a dollop of Crème fraîche.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 1 tbsp rosemary, chopped
- 25g self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 85g ground almonds
- 65g polenta
- 30g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100ml Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Icing sugar (For dusting)
- 1 orange
- 100g demerara sugar
- Whisk together the Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil, eggs and demerara sugar in a jug.
- Combine the polenta, almonds, flour, baking powder, orange zest and the rosemary in a bowl.
- Stir the wet mix into the dry mix, then pour into a lined 7" cake tin and bake for 35 minutes at 160C.
- Disolve the caster sugar in the juice of the orange over a low heat then boil for 1-2 minutes to make a syrup.
- Prick the warm cake with a skewer or toothpick all over the top then brush with syrup.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve.