Sides & Salads
Kate’s White and Green Bean Salad with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
This side dish makes the perfect accompaniment to fish and meat dishes in particular chicken and pork, or even as a salad on its own. It can be served hot or cold and would also be perfect to have alongside a BBQ.
This Mediterranean style dish uses the juices of the cherry tomatoes and Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil to make delicious, healthy and nutritious dish.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 100g green beans (handful), topped and tailed and chopped into 2.5cm pieces
- 200g Cannellini beans
- 100g Cherry tomatoes (about 10), halved
- Dried oregano
- Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Heat the oven to 180°C. Add the cherry tomatoes to an oven dish and drizzle in a good glug of Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and season with salt and oregano (1/2 tsp)
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- While the tomatoes are cooking, bring a pan of water to the boil, salt it and add your green beans for about 5-6 minutes, and drain.
- Remove the tomatoes from the oven, add the green beans and cannellini beans. Add anoter good glug or two of olive oil (2-3 tbsps at least), add a little more salt and combine together.
- Place back in the oven for 5 minutes to warm through, and serve.