Kate’s White and Green Bean Salad with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
This side dish makes the perfect accompaniment to fish and meat dishes in particular chicken and pork, or even as a salad on its own. It can be served hot or cold and would also be perfect to have alongside a BBQ.
This Mediterranean style dish uses the juices of the cherry tomatoes and Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil to make delicious, healthy and nutritious dish.
- 100g green beans (handful), topped and tailed and chopped into 2.5cm pieces
- 200g Cannellini beans
- 100g Cherry tomatoes (about 10), halved
- Dried oregano
- 2-3 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Heat the oven to 180°C. Add the cherry tomatoes to an oven dish and drizzle in a good glug of Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and season with salt and oregano (1/2 tsp)
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- While the tomatoes are cooking, bring a pan of water to the boil, salt it and add your green beans for about 5-6 minutes, and drain.
- Remove the tomatoes from the oven, add the green beans and cannellini beans. Add anoter good glug or two of olive oil (2-3 tbsps at least), add a little more salt and combine together.
- Place back in the oven for 5 minutes to warm through, and serve.