Sides & Salads
Kate’s Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
These potatoes are my go to for an easy side dish – they work with most main meals and make an easy alternative to classic roast potatoes. With very little prep and under an hour cooking time, this is simplistic cooking at its best using beautiful Filippo Berio Olive Oil to get the perfect finish.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 1 medium sized potato per person (you can use new potatoes etc too)
- 1-2 garlic cloves (optional)
- 1-2 sprigs of fresh rosemary, finely chopped. Alternatively used dried herbs like thyme or oregano
- Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oven to 180°C. Prepare an oven dish or baking tray and brush with Filippo Berio Classic Olive Oil or Extra Virgin (alternatively use some baking parchment) this will help to stop the potatoes sticking.
- Dice the potatoes into 1.5-2cm pieces.
- In the oven dish add the potatoes and drizzle with plenty of Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil (at least 2tbsps), season with the salt and pepper and add the rosemary. If you have some garlic cloves, peel them and crush gently with the back of a knife and add to the tray while cooking for extra flavour.
- Using your hands (or a spoon) mix all the ingredients together so the potatoes are coated in the Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Place in the oven to cook for 45 minutes, giving them a stir every 15 minutes to help stop them sticking and to brown all sides.