Italian Sausages with Fennel
Potatoes and sausage dishes are simple comfort foods but, when combined with tennel they are given an Italian twist that takes them to another level! Always buy the best sausages available - you will taste the difference in the finished dish - and Deli's and independent butchers are worth exploring with this in mind. Serve this delicious rustic dish with simple green vegetables and crusty bread.
- 4 tbsp Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil
- 8 Italian sausages with fennel
- 500g new potatoes, halved or quartered if large
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 200ml white wine
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the sausages in a roasting tin and drizzle with half the Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil. Bake for 15 minutes, turning the sausages halfway through.
- Add the potatoes, sliced fennel, fennel seeds and chilli along with the remaining Filippo Berio Classico Olive Oil and toss well to coat. Arrange the sausages on top and pour the white wine.
- Bake for a future 30 minutes umtil the potatoes are tender when tested with a knife. Season to taste before serving.
Cooks tipsUse vegan sausages to make this recipe vegan.