Sides & Salads
Italian Potato and Green Bean Salad
Potato salad is a “must” for every picnic. So, here’s a Mediterranean version, tossed in a tasty vinaigrette with fresh herbs. It’s a great alternative to mayonnaise-based dressings and creates a perfect side to grace any summer buffet.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 500g baby new potatoes, halved
- 150g green beans, trimmed and halved
- 12 pitted black olives
- 25g capers
- 4 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Filippo Berio Red Wine Vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp freshly chopped flat leaf parsley
- Boil the potatoes in a pan of lightly salted boiling water for 12-15 minutes until tender, adding the beans for the last 4 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold water.
- Place the potatoes and beans in a large bowl, add the olives and capers.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil and the Filippo Berio Red Wine Vinegar, season well.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to mix, then stir in the parsley.