Italian Potato and Green Bean Salad
Potato salad is a staple for every picnic, so here’s a Mediterranean twist on the classic. Tossed in a tasty vinaigrette dressing with fresh herbs, this recipe is a great alternative to mayonnaise-based dressings and creates a perfect side dish to any summer buffet.
Categories: Sides & Salads
- 500g baby new potatoes, halved
- 150g green beans, trimmed and halved
- 12 pitted black olives
- 25g capers
- 4 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Filippo Berio Red Wine Vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp freshly chopped flat leaf parsley
- Place the beans into a pan of boiling water and boil for 4 minutes until crisp and tender. Drain and transfer to a bowl of cold water to cool.
- Cook the potatoes in lightly salted water for 12 minutes, or until tender. While the potatoes are cooking, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing in a medium sized bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the potatoes and rinse under cold water, then (if preferred) remove the skins and slice thickly. Add the dressing while still warm and toss together. Allow to cool.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters and add to the cooled potatoes. Drain the beans and cut into 2.5cm lengths and add to the salad with the red onion and shredded basil leaves. Mix together then serve.