Sides & Salads
Italian Crisp Salad
Quick, easy and fresh, this Italian crisp salad is perfect for a healthy, refreshing meal on a hot summers day.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 4 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 tbsp Filippo Berio White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Filippo Berio Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 125g mixed salad leaves
- 2 baby gem lettuce, roughly torn
- 50g rocket
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 200g cherry or baby plum tomatoes, halved
- For the dressing, put the Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Filippo Berio White Wine and Balsamic Vinegars, mustard, sugar and salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk until evenly combined and thickened. Taste and season again if needed.
- Place the leaves, onion and tomatoes in a salad bowl, pour over the dressing and toss everything gently together.
- Serve immediately with an extra drizzle of Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil.