A simplified version of the Christmas classic.
- 3 eggs
- 200g castor sugar
- 120ml Filippo Berio olive oil
- 120ml milk
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 350g plain or self-raising flour
- 10g baking powder (omit if using self-raising flour)
- 100g sultanas
- Roasted almonds, chopped
- Caster sugar
- Preheat the oven 175C.
- Butter and flour a 25cm cake tin.
- Using a mixer, whisk the eggs and sugar until they have a thick, pale consistency.
- With the mixer on a low speed, gradually pour in the oil, milk and zest.
- In a separate bowl sift in the flour and baking powder together, then toss in the sultanas.
- Next, fold the sifted flour and sultanas into the previously mixed egg mixture.
- Pour into a Panettone tin/ or similar and sprinkle with the almonds and sugar.
- Bake for 50 – 60 minutes.
- When cooked the Panettone should fully rise and have a honey coloured appearance.